Non financial support (NFS) is one of the core practices of Venture Philanthropy and its importance increases when social purpose organisations are faced with emergencies, as highlighted by the covid-19 pandemic. This roundabout will explore best practices and challenges when providing non financial support in emergencies.
Attendees will hear brief examples from TrustLaw, the Thomson Reuters Foundation’s global pro bono network and be able to share lessons learned, best practices and failures in making non financial support available immediately and efficiently.
The aim of the session is to come up with recommendations for Venture Philanthropy Organisations and providers of non financial support to respond to future emergencies.
Points for the general conversations will include:
- Do you have plans to respond to emergencies and systems to identify which emergencies to respond to?
- Do you have systems to quickly identify social purpose organisations’ needs?
- Have you deployed systems to monitor and measure the impact of your response?
- How have you reached out to individuals and organisations affected to let them know that support is available?
- Have you been able to tap into partners to tackle the covid-19 pandemic and continue providing non financial support?
- What have you learned from the response to covid-19? What are the unique challenges it brought?
Session format: Roundabout
If you’re already registered, save your seat this session: