The session is based on data from an April 2020 report from the Toniic Impact network (T100 focus report: Foundations on the road to 100%). The report surveyed US and European foundations representing $1.7 billion in committed capital and explored the tensions, challenges, and successes in working toward deeper alignment between their capital deployment and their overall mission.
The workshop session will aim to:
- Shed light on how foundations can deploy the full spectrum of capital towards early stage mission-aligned organizations to achieve change.
- Discuss the role of early stage unrestricted catalytic capital in contributing towards catalyzing change for vulnerable populations across the world.
- Demonstrate examples of how building strong organizations and scale strategies can drive impact with philanthropic capital and use DRK’s expertise as an example of how this could be achieved.
- Discuss and exchange ideas on what key resources (in particular human capital, impact measurement resources, etc.) are required in particular for foundations to expand their capital deployment into mission-aligned investing.
- Share experiences on specific ideas on how philanthropic capital could be deployed towards promoting inclusive, catalytic change reducing vulnerabilities in a post COVID environment to support systems level change.
Session format: Workshop
If you’re already registered, save your seat this session and the “Ask Me Anything” session that follows:
More speakers information to be added soon