Dear EVPA20 Participants and Speakers,
Thank you for registering for the EVPA Annual Conference 2020. With only a few days left, we would like to remind you of a few more practical details through a checklist so that you can get the most out of the conference.
Click on each item for more information
Before Monday 21 September:
- 1) Log in to the conference platform (Cannot log in? click here)
- 2) Book your seat for sessions (before they’re fully booked!)
- 3) Complete your profile
- 4) Connect with other participants
During the conference:
- How to attend your sessions
- Some more practical information
- Share your thoughts and inspiring quotes on social media with #EVPA20!
Everyone (including speakers and moderators) has to log in to the conference platform in order to attend the sessions next week. Workshops, keynotes and design sprints are hosted on Zoom, but you will not see the Zoom link. You will need to go through the conference platform.
For speakers and moderators
Please make sure you book your seat first and enter your session 10mins in advance. You will not receive a separate email invitation with a link to join your session, you will need to enter your session like a participant via the conference platform. Practical information for you (PPT template + brief & tips) is available here.
Before the Event
1) Log in to the conference platform
After you’ve registered, you should’ve received an email (within the following 72 hours) to log in to the platform. The email looks like the screenshot below and came from “The EVPA team <email@example.com>”.
Go to “Click here to choose your sessions” and your account will be activated.
Are you having issues logging in?
If you have not received the activation email, or cannot find it anymore, please follow these steps:
- Go to the platform and click on “Request login” (see screenshot below)
- Enter the email address you used to register for the conference
- Click on “Send Magic Link”
- Check your inbox (including spam folder) for the email described above
If this still does not work, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide assistance.
2) Book your seat for sessions
Sessions are filling up and the system works on a first-come-first-served basis. So don’t wait another minute and visit the conference platform (NetworkTables) to save your spot for the sessions you would like to attend.
Go through the programme, click on View Session, you will see more information about the session, who else is registered for it, then click on the “Join session” button to book your seat! (see screenshot below)
3) Complete your profile
Click here to complete your profile (e.g. organisation name, interests, your photo). This will help other participants to find you, or speakers of sessions to understand their audience’s interest.
4) Connect with other participants
Click on to “Attendees List” (top-right corner) to see who else is attending the conference. You can filter participants per:
- Organisation name
- SDG(s) they are interested in
- Type of investment they do
- The regions they invest in
You can then click on “Connect” and they will receive an email informing them that you would like to get in touch.
During the Event
Go to the platform to attend your sessions
- You will find an overview of all the sessions you signed up for under “My Sessions” (see button below your profile picture).
- A notification will appear a few minutes before your session starts with a button to enter the session.
Some more practical information
- We recommend that you turn on your webcam during the sessions. This is optional, but also nicer for the speakers to “see” their audience.
- Please note that workshops and keynotes will be recorded.
Share your thoughts and inspiring quotes on social media with #EVPA20!
- Use the hashtag #EVPA20 on social media (Twitter and Linkedin) when posting about the conference, inspiring quotes, interesting outcomes from your session.
- We will select the most inspiring posts, create an illustration out of it and they will be featured them on our daily roundup emails!
Important Note regarding Zoom
- We recommend that you use a personal internet connection / a personal computer.
- If you are based in Brussels, our office (Rue Royale 94) will be open for you to attend our online conference in a dedicated room.