Every morning we give you an overview of what happened online the previous day during our 16th EVPA Annual Conference and give you a glimpse of what to expect for the afternoon.
. . .
Saskia Bruysten, member of the EVPA Board and Co-Founder & CEO of the Yunus Social Business, was our surprise guest at the end of Day 3 focussed on Social Entrepreneurs. Her message was clear and many times repeated by other speakers throughout the day: we need to form alliances, be adaptable, use local expertise, become more ambitious, think long-term to be able to react in the short-term. To learn more about one such alliance, read Saskia’s blog entitled: “Building The COVID-19 Response Alliance for Social Entrepreneurs”.
Wishing you all a very enjoyable last day of our 16th EVPA Annual Conference!
There is still time for you to buy a day ticket! You can still register for one day, using the corresponding code in the “Discount code” field (under Order Summary) depending on the day you would like to attend:
- One-day ticket for DAY 4 (24 September): 24.09.2020_dayticket_AC2020 (deadline: 24 September 11am CEST)
Amit Bouri (The GIIN) joining us for the keynote this afternoon
Join the last #EVPA20 keynote at 13.30 CEST! Alessia Gianoncelli (EVPA) and Amit Bouri (The GIIN) will talk about investing for impact and investing with impact. In this interactive keynote session, you will get to take a live self-assessment exercise to see where your organisation stands with regards to the 10 principles of the Charter of Investors for impact – don’t miss it!
- Fairphone founder: Drop ‘all the legacy shit’ and shake up systems post-Covid
- Ikea: How to survive and thrive as a social enterprise in our supply chain
- A family affair: What stops banks and foundations who share DNA from collaborating for impact?
We’re happy to have Pioneers Post as our media partner, the social enterprise and impact investing magazine helping you build a better world through good business. Keep an eye on PioneersPost.com in the coming weeks for coverage of our conference. Pioneers Post is itself a social enterprise, relying on subscriptions to support their impact journalism. Friends of EVPA can access a special subscription offer with a 15% discount by using code “EVPA20PP“. Their reading comes highly recommended!
Everyday the EVPA team selects the most inspiring tweets or LinkedIn posts to produce a couple of visuals out of them. Use the hashtag #EVPA20 and share your conference experience, quotes or lessons learned and your post might end up in the next Roundup email!
The Theme: Scaling for Impact
After survival comes revival and EVPA will walk you through ways to take this a step forward. Be it climate, green economy, diverse regions like Africa or the former CIS, the global response to the pandemic or impact management, the last day of #EVPA20 aims to provide a comprehensive overview of what needs to be done in order to maximise impact exactly where it is needed and with the involvement of all potential players.
You can still join these sessions
Workshops and Design Sprint:
- Eastern Partnership Countries and Russia – an opportunity for social investment (workshop at 14.00-14.45)
- Design Sprint on how to scale climate change movements (at 15.00-16.30)
- Mapping a global response and building a resilient philanthropy sector in the face of COVID-19 (workshop at 15.30-16.15)
- Astrotourism and the SDGs: Dark Night Skies, COVID-19 and economic recovery (at 14.00 or 15.30)
- Heritage saving Initiative for high social impact – a model for public private partnership (at 14.00 or 15.30)
- Safe water and sanitation in a world out balance (at 15.30)
- Recycle and reuse: how do we get the next 20% ? (at 14.00 or 15.30)
* All timings are in CEST / Brussels time.
Recordings will be available
After the conference, recordings of the keynotes and workshops will be available for all participants.
- Participants will receive an email with instructions on how to access the recordings.
- For those who could not attend the conference, you will be able to buy a pass to access these recordings.
Follow us on LinkedIn to get immediate information on when these recordings will be available!