Every morning we give you an overview of what happened online the previous day during our 16th EVPA Annual Conference and give you a glimpse of what to expect for the afternoon.
Resilience, a common thread throughout all sessions of yesterday. Resilience means holding out for the long-game, demonstrating patience, be willing to take risks and dealing with challenges as they come. Principles 3 & 4 of our Charter for Investors for Impact cover just these points and will be a focal point on Day 4. But before we dive into Day 4, let’s recap what was covered yesterday, and what to expect from today’s agenda.
There is still time for you to buy a day ticket! You can still register for one day, using the corresponding code in the “Discount code” field (under Order Summary) depending on the day you would like to attend:
- One-day ticket for DAY 3 (23 September): 23.09.2020_dayticket_AC2020 (deadline for this day ticket: 23 September 11am CEST)
- One-day ticket for DAY 4 (24 September): 24.09.2020_dayticket_AC2020
- ‘Our biggest enemy is ourselves’ – innovation guru Ann Mei Chang tells impact funders to raise the bar on risk-taking
- Dropping egos, taking risks: Five ways ’next-generation’ leaders are doing things differently
- When Covid is a catalyst for innovation
We’re happy to have Pioneers Post as our media partner, the social enterprise and impact investing magazine helping you build a better world through good business. Keep an eye on PioneersPost.com in the coming weeks for coverage of our conference. Pioneers Post is itself a social enterprise, relying on subscriptions to support their impact journalism. Friends of EVPA can access a special subscription offer with a 15% discount by using code “EVPA20PP“. Their reading comes highly recommended!
Everyday the EVPA team selects the most inspiring tweets or LinkedIn posts to produce a couple of visuals out of them. Use the hashtag #EVPA20 and share your conference experience, quotes or lessons learned and your post might end up in the next Roundup email!
The Theme: Social Enterprise Day
Idriss Nor’s keynote on 25 years of impact investing and the way forward will take us to an exciting day focused on social entrepreneurship, where numerous from the whole investing for impact spectrum and a dedicated design sprint await you.
You can still join these sessions
Social Entrepreneurs roundabouts at 14.00-14:45 (CEST)
- How to do a (digital) acupuncture on the global fashion industry to shift to a circular economy?
- Impact investing in the apparel industry, how to balance impact, risk and return
- Lessons Learned from 55+
- Lessons learned with MUV B-Corp
- Vse Poluchitsya Me: scaling out supported employment via social franchising, advise on next step
Social Entrepreneurs roundabouts at 15:30-16:15 (CEST)
- Enabling micro property development on a macro scale
- Impact investment opportunity in easyHatch: ‘Rwanda SME of year 2019’
- New frontiers of impact investing after the crisis – a case for the african economies (The Opes Fund)
- Hybrid financing – Challenges for ventures working on refugee inclusion (Makers Unite)
- Lessons learned with Solvoz
- Social enterprises surviving in times of crises: When cakes and chocolates do not taste so sweet
- noomee: challenges & wins of a social enterprise
Recordings will be available
After the conference, recordings of the keynotes and workshops will be available for all participants.
For those who could not attend the conference you will be able to buy a pass to access these recordings. Follow us on LinkedIn to get immediate information on when these recordings will be available!